Melton Truck Lines, Inc. is always looking for opportunities to help their drivers save time and make money. In an effort to do that, Melton has recently incorporated Drivewyze Preclear bypass service. Drivewyze PreClear is currently the nation’s largest and smartest weigh station bypass service and offers a fully integrated system on ELD’s or mobile devices. This technology has proven to decrease fuel costs and increase driver safety. With less stops, the driver is able to stay on the mainline, increasing driver productivity and efficiency. Here are some reasons why drivers prefer companies like Melton who offer a bypass service:
- Drivers with Drivewyze subscription have reported 35% fewer wasted hours and 31% fewer pull-ins, when compared to drivers with Transponders.
- Drivewyze increases overall driver experience. Drivewyze notifies the driver 2 miles before an inspection, 1 mile before inspection, as they pass the inspection site, and as they exit the site.
- Drivewyze provides notifications at all sites in the U.S.
- Drivers are 3X more likely to choose a job at a company who offers a weigh station bypass service.
- 65% of drivers say they are more likely to stay with a company that provides a company-paid bypass service.
Melton Truck Lines has activated Omnitracs Weigh Station Bypass, provided by Drivewyze PreClear, on Omnitracs MCP200 ELDs in its entire fleet of about 1,300 late-model trucks.
According to a monthly weigh station loss report generated by the Drivewyze analytics reporting tool, before implementation, Melton Truck Lines’ drivers lost nearly 1,000 hours of drive time from July 21 to August 20. However, Omnitracs Weigh Station Bypass, provided by Drivewyze PreClear, could have offered more than 10,000 bypasses in one month. Over a year’s time, Drivewyze could offer about 129,000 bypasses, return more than 12,000 hours of drive time to Melton Truck Lines’ drivers.
In the end, the decision to activate Drivewyze is really about our drivers and providing them the tools they need to be as productive and efficient as possible. It also allows drivers to take full advantage of the excellent safety scores that we all have worked hard to attain. When drivers are equipped with tools to help them do their job productively, they can make more money.