Summer is now in full swing, and drivers all across the nation are feeling the heat! In order to stay safe on the road, remember these few tips:
- Sun protection: For long haul drivers, your left arm and the left side of your face are in constant exposure to the sun. When you spend this much time in the direct sunlight, it is essential to your skin’s health to have some type of protection from the harmful rays. There are many options you can utilize to protect yourself.
- Sun sleeves are a good choice to protect your arm only when exposed to the sun. They are easy to put on and remove.
- Sunscreen is the most effective way to protect your skin. Apply it on your face and arms each morning for trustworthy protection.
- Window covers help block the sun’s rays as well. While dark tints are not allowed, there are clear films that still help block UV rays.
- Staying hydrated: During the summer it is very important to remain hydrated, especially if you are going to be outside for awhile or doing some kind of physical activity. You should aim to drink half your body weight in ounces every day. Drinking water not only keeps you hydrated but can also help keep you energized and alert on the road.
- Congested roads: When school is out and the weather is nice, there are bound to be more drivers on the road than during other months. Congested roads can lead to road rage, so watch out for impatient drivers. Drivers on vacation who are unfamiliar with the roads may also drive unpredictably, so be extra alert for any signs of danger.