Melton Community Outreach
Melton Truck Lines strives to make our community a better place for our employees and their families. We know that if our employees feel safe and engaged in our community, it will make for happier, more productive employees at work. The hard work of everyone at Melton and our continued success over the past 60 years has allowed us to support several organizations focusing on issues close to home by either donations or by volunteer work from our great team. Below are just a few organizations and efforts Melton proudly supports.
- Tulsa Area United Way - Each year Melton holds an internal companywide campaign to raise money for the Tulsa Area United Way. We also participate in the annual United Way Day of Caring event, this year we volunteered at the Salvation Army’s Girls & Boys Club and we raised a new record of over $141,417.28 from our company campaign!
- Salvation Army - Melton was proud to Ring The Bells this year at various location saround Tulsa
- American Heart Association - February 3rd is National Wear Red Day where we, along with the rest of the country, wear red to show our support in the fight against heart disease.
- A Gathering Place For Tulsa - A Gathering Place for Tulsa is a project that is transforming nearly 100 acres of Tulsa’s waterfront along the Arkansas River into a dynamic and active space. Continuing Melton’s legacy of giving back to the community, this year Melton donated $1 million dollars to this cause. Bob Peterson, chairman and CEO, says Melton is pleased to support the park because “A Gathering Place will be a showcase for Tulsa and its citizens and businesses, adding to its quality of life and unique culture. It will be an incredible attraction for families to our city as a special place to live and work.”
- Tulsa Reading Partners - Reading Partners is a nonprofit program that makes a difference for at-risk kids who are not reading at grade level. Melton committed 25 volunteers each semester this year and we are proud to have such great employees who volunteer their time for such a great cause.
- The Coffee Bunker - The Coffee Bunker is a nonprofit organization in Tulsa, OK where veterans can go and share their stories, be with others that understand their struggles and help one another get through life after serving in the armed forces. Our CEO, Bob Peterson, brought this place to our company’s attention and our great office staff stepped up and donated over 300 items and their time to contribute to this great cause.
- Hurricane Harvey Relief - Hurricane Harvey was a devastating natural disaster that hit the Houston, TX area. We received an urgent call to aid in delivering animal relief in the form of hay from Dewey, OK to Beaumont, TX. Thanks to the efforts and coordination of our Operations team & our drivers, we were able to answer this call. Melton also raised money for the United Way of Greater Houston and the Houston Food Bank to donate directly to those adversely affected by the hurricane.
- TX and OK Wild Fire Assistance - In March of 2017, the Northwestern part of OK and some parts of Texas were devastated by wildfires. Many cattle ranchers lost their entire grass quantity along with thousands of heads of cattle. Melton was contacted by the Oklahoma Trucking Association with a desperate need for transportation of donated hay from the Eastern part of the state to the NW. Melton’s CEO and Chairman, Bob Peterson, immediately stepped up and gave the green light to help. Melton donated several thousand dollars’ worth of transportation services and with 4 trucks, hauled 15 loads. Amounting to almost 500,000 lbs of hay to areas in need.