Spring is leaping its way in and it is time for some spring cleaning for OTR drivers!
Over the road truck drivers are out for weeks at a time and can travel back and forth across the country; therefore, it is difficult to know what should be cleaned and kept in the truck, what can be left at home, and what is trash. If you feel like your truck is cluttered or messy, take advantage of the beautiful spring weather and clean it out!
Below is our Melton Spring Cleaning Checklist as a guideline to follow so you can stay clean, organized, and motivated while on the road.
- Toss it! Take time to eliminate everything you do not need, especially trash or food. Even if you only do a little at every stop, try making this a habit.
- Pack away! Put away the winter items and lighten it up with spring gear. Oh, and don’t forget the sunscreen – over the road drivers have a busy season ahead!
- Organize! Ensure it best fits your lifestyle. Stowaway items you do not use regularly and have your common items easily accessible.
- Wipe it down! Bleach wipes and Windex are your friends and it is a great way to prevent illness while removing dust, dirt, and grime.
- Freshen it Up! Vacuum and deodorize your cab when given the opportunity. You will be breathing fresh clean air in no time.
- Go for a Wash! Not only do we want a fresh inside, but also a nice clean cab outside. It makes your truck shine and glimmer with Melton Blue pride.
- Pet Care! If you have a pet riding with you, give them a grooming and wash-down as well. This will help maintain a comfortable ride for both you and your precious rider.
- Enjoy it! Take a deep breath of fresh clean air, relax, and haul some freight.
There are several benefits to keeping a clean and organized truck including better mood, hygiene, and a boost of energy! Spring cleaning for OTR drivers is a great way to organize and de-clutter your truck, so find what will work best for you. Remember, be prepared for anything but keep it light and simple.