Hello and welcome to our latest edition of the OpenLine.
With 2019 behind us, we are feeling an uptick in freight with busier trucks and are excited to see what the spring has in store for us. I would like to start by giving a shout out to our Driver of the Month, Alex Madrid, and our Rookie of the Month, Mike Stickler. We are so pleased with their work ethic, consistent productivity and safety-conscious behaviors. Thank you for your hard work!
I’d like to thank all our drivers for participating in our 1st quarter Safety Blitz. A total of 1050 drivers completed this call with a general focus on our CSA efforts. Let’s all be mindful of a few key areas when it comes to CSA:
- Keep your eyes moving to ensure you obey traffic control devices.
- Always stay 1 mph under the speed limit and watch closely for transition areas.
- Keep your logs up to date by having your secured time, unsecured time, fuel, pre and post-trips logged On Duty.
- Keep your ELD instruction sheet in your visor with easy access to hand the Officer.
- Make sure your Qualcomm cord is long enough to reach out your driver window.
- Be certain you know how to download your logs.
- Truck and trailer inspections are critical to avoid any unnecessary violations. Part of this inspection is to main proper air pressure and tread-depth in our tires.
- Thank you for all our drivers with the hazmat endorsement. When hauling hazmat, please remember to call Safety for a hazmat briefing.
This list of reminders is easy for us to do, so thank you for your diligent work in completing them and positively impacting our CSA efforts.
I’d like to give a shout out to our Operations team for doing a fine job of routing over 100 of our Ambassadors to Tulsa for our annual Ambassador Breakfast. We always have a great time with these outstanding drivers who have reached an impressive milestone with Melton. It truly is overwhelming to see all this talent in one room. We awarded our first ever Ambassador of the Year to Juan Chavez Delgado for his accomplishment as our top Ambassador in 2019. Also, safe driving at various years of experience was celebrated along with profit sharing bonuses for those that qualified. Later that evening, we celebrated with our Company Dinner, where we recognized our Driver of the Year, Jeffrey Granat, and our Employee of the Year, Preston Yost. Congratulations and job well done, gentlemen!
We are also excited to share the drivers who were recognized from the Oklahoma Trucking Association for their safe driving in 2019. We are very proud of your efforts and each of you are very deserving of this recognition.
1 Million Safe Miles Consecutive
2 Million Safe Miles Consecutive
It’s almost time to pay out our first Pride Fuel Bonus! As a reminder, our bonus payout through the scorecard is replaced with a fuel bonus for 2020. Your help in conserving this cost is greatly appreciated and we want to reward your efforts with a bonus. Please see the new fuel scale and payout for 2020 below:
In closing, a heartfelt thank you to all our staff and the work they do each day. Our drivers have difficulties and demands on their job that we certainly do not overlook. Our office staff and those out in the field work hard every day, and are happy to give you the tools to do your job safely. We appreciate each of your contributions and continuous efforts in making Melton a successful company.
Vice President of Safety and HR