Recent CDL Graduates and Entry Level Drivers
Melton welcomes recent CDL school graduates and drivers that have not had any over-the-road (OTR) driving experience. We know that you are the future of our company so we insist on providing quality training.
Melton has recently doubled our tuition reimbursement up to $10,000 and doubled our tarp pay to $100 per load.
- Apply online or call 866-715-8563 to speak with a recruiter.
- You will complete an over the phone interview with your recruiter where we will collect work history, safety, and background information.
- Your recruiter will forward your application to a processor who will check your references and reports.
- Your application will be sent back to your recruiter so you can complete a final interview to make sure that we have everything correct on your application.
- Once your application is reviewed and approved by our hiring board, we will schedule your transportation to begin on the job training.
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Recent CDL school graduates with 4 or less months of OTR can qualify for Melton’s tuition reimbursement program. Our plan will pay $150 every month up to $10,000! The first payout will follow your 30 day Melton anniversary.
If the driver paid less than $10,000 pursuing their CDL the payout will stop at the amount they paid.
If your CDL school or company financing your CDL program requires a pre-hire letter before you can attend their course, contact a Melton recruiter at 866-715-8563 and they can send this letter directly to them! Graduate Friday and be in Melton’s On the Job Training program Sunday with our convenient pre-hire process.
Customized On the Job Training Program
Most entry level drivers will be a part of our 14 day on the job training, where we will cover our culture, safety standards, load securement, and tarping best practices. If you need any additional help during the class, we can provide additional one-on-one training. We want to give you the tools you need to be successful!
All entry level drivers will go out for approximately 3 weeks with a road trainer that is matched based on their personality. You will be paid a per diem during this time and once you are ready to get on your own truck, you will start receiving pay by mile.
Quality training doesn’t end after your initial on the job training. The trucking industry is constantly changing, so we focus on communicating important information in a timely manner by print, email, online training, and social media to help make our drivers the best on the road. We are also available day and night to support and assist drivers in any situation.