Melton's Military & Veteran On The Job Training
Melton Truck Lines is a proud supporter of our Military and Veterans! As a reputable trucking company, we want our Veterans to have a smooth and easy transition into the transportation industry, so we put together an online guide to help you begin. This guide is full of helpful resources and information for potential drivers, new hires, and current drivers to make life a little simpler.
Melton Veteran Guide:
VA Welcome Kit is a great start when looking into the variety of benefits the VA offers. They focus on 7 crucial areas and provided excellent information:
- Health care
- More support
More Veteran Resources:
Besides the VA kit, there are several other places to get resources. Continue to learn more about other organizations and more specific benefits
- Resource Guide – offers a categorized list of web resources and important contact information for Veterans.
- Service and Social Security – If you are looking for more information on these specific benefits.
- Check out the VA’s eBenefits and eClaims brochures to see if you are eligible and interested.
- VHIC Application Process – You’ll use your Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC) to check in to your appointments at VA medical centers.
Service Dogs and Pet Adoption:
Thinking about a service dog? Here is a fact sheet with details about the importance of having a service dog and the application process through the VA. You can also check out this list of Organizations that work to provide Veterans with Service Dogs.
If a Service Dog is not for you, explore adoption. VetsAdoptPets offers adoption fee waivers.
Veteran Organizations & Groups:
- VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars)
- Veterans in Trucking
- DAV (Disabled American Veterans)
- Military OneSource
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Veterans Advantage
- Operation Second Chance
- Yellow Ribbon Fund
- Gary Sinise Foundation
Health and Wellness
Driving OTR can be tough mentally and physically so we want our Veterans to have quick access to important resources. You can find great material (handouts, articles, contact information, etc.) on ways to improve your mental and physical health below:
- VA Mental Health (Variety of Mental Health services & information)
- Suicide Prevention Information
- Veteran Crisis Line (call, text, or chat 24/7 and free of cost)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Veterans Families United (Wellness resources and important hotlines)
- VA Move (Downloadable or printable handouts on fitness and nutrition)
- VA Nutrition Guidelines (Blogs, recipes, and nutritional facts)
- VA Quit Tobacco (Resources to help veterans quit substance use, smoking, and other forms of tobacco)
On top of great organizations, we have many companies, large and small, who have fantastic discounts for our Veteran Heroes. Below is a list of sites that offer awesome Veteran discounts or list places that do:
We're Here To Answer Your Call
Call our great recruiting team today at 888-336-0438 so we can answer any questions you may have and complete an easy over-the-phone interview.
- Vet Tix (Free tickets to all types of events)
- Deal Hack (Military Discount Guide)
- Deal News (2020 Military Discounts)
- The Military Wallet (Military Discounts & General Rules about Discounts)
Melton Veteran Benefits
Melton has also found several ways to show appreciation and aid our Veteran OTR drivers. Below is a glimpse of some of the fantastic benefits we utilize to support these brave men and women.
- Melton offers a 24-month OJT program through the VA, which allows veterans access to their military benefits.
- During orientation, we honor the Veterans in the class by presenting them with Melton Military Challenge Coins.
- Provide “Military Pride” decals at our shops, to showcase military appreciation and pride OTR.
- Currently, we have 5 wrapped Military trucks that we offer to Veterans through contests at various times.
- Melton Veteran Resource Group is a public group on Facebook where Veteran drivers can share comradery and our Driver Services team posts useful information for Veterans.
If you want more information on any of the above Melton Veteran Benefits, please contact Driver Services (918-270-9690) and we will be happy to explain.Speak With A Recruiter Now Apply Online Now